PixelPalaces, Small Jobs
You don't want a complicated web site with sophisticated graphics? This page describes small jobs which PixelPalaces can do for you.If you can't see the thing you want is listed below or you're not sure, it doesn't hurt to ask. You can also look at the technology page for explanations of the technical stuff.
- Modifying an existing web site.
- Changing or adding text
- Changing or adding images (including things like SVG and VRML)
- Adding new pages (and the appropriate links to existing pages)
- Converting pages to newer formats (like HTML 4 or XHTML)
- Making pages W3C compliant
- Adding or changing CGI scripts
- Adding or changing image maps
- Creating or modifying computer graphics (can be animated)
- Bitmaps (things like gif and jpg that you normally see on the web)
- SVG - vector graphics which can be animated and/or interactive and can be displayed on the internet
- 3D graphics - can look very realistic, can be interactive and/or animated, can be displayed on the web or incorporated into movies or photographs. We can create and inter convert a range of formats. This is how the pictures on the home page and contents page and the gargoil icons were done.
- Touching up photographs - the photo is scanned and adjusted on the computer. The result can be printed.
- Removing scratches or other damage.
This slide (of Monanthus muralis) was fixed after being chewed by a dog
- Altering details - remove your ex, change the messy background. You can even add aliens or that new car your company hasn't built yet (see 3D graphics)
- Adjusting or adding color - colorize you black and white pictures, restore faded photos or make new ones look antique
- Scanning - papers, books, photographs, slides, negatives
- Designing posters, newsletters etc.
- Designing greetings cards and business cards (see examples)
- Converting bitmapped images to vectors (the opposite is easier). This is probably a means to an end, such as giving your own portrait the Andy Warhole treatment or making a photograph interactive or animated or making cartoon characters based on real people. Vector graphics also have the advantage of not turning into a mess of dots or squares when enlarged.
- CD burning (writing data to a writable CD)
- Putting your photographs onto CD ROM. If you like we could arrange them on custom web pages with captions saying that it was uncle Henry paddling at Blackpool.